The best running shoes for travel are the same shoes that you already have, despite what you may have thought. You can walk across anything without getting blisters. You have an excellent stride, and you have yet to get injured. If all of this describes you, then maybe you don’t need a shoe for running.
If you are a minimalist runner, then perhaps you’re tired of hearing people ask if you’re wearing running shoes. Of course, you’re wearing your regular sneakers. Running shoes aren’t necessary.
|Brooks Women's Launch 7||Best Overall|
|Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 22 Running Shoe||Budget Pick|
|HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Cavu Running Shoe||Upgrade Pick|
1. Brooks Women's Launch 7
- Perfect travel shoes
- Lightweight and breathable
- Great for running and walking
- Great arch support
- Extremely comfortable
- Great value for money
- Good traction
- Heel is narrow
- No cushion means little protection
For running and daily use this shoe is a great pick. Before you wear them for sports, you might want to break them in for a couple weeks. Brooks Women’s Launch 7 is a high-end shoe that has great balance in terms of protection and underfoot support.
It is also a great shoe for walking and long hikes. The shoe comes with a stacked heel height and weighs about 12 ounces. It also provides durable traction in all directions.
The Brooks Women’s Launch 7 Running Shoe sports a premium overlay top, which is trademark to all Brooks Running’s shoes. This gives an overall firm structure to the shoe. The Launch 7 shoes sport heel-to-toe cushioning, which enhances foot protection.
2. Brooks Men's Launch 7
- Unique technology focuses on engaging your core muscles to increase your efficiency and speed.
- Great for a neutral running shoe
- Has a nice balance between cushion and support
- The midsole might be just a little too soft for more aerobic running.
Brooks Men’s Launch 7 Running Shoe is the ideal mid-level performance shoe, one that is great for both beginners and experienced runners. This shoe offers a comfortable fit and is designed with solid cushioning and a full-length midsole. It includes a built-in plate that works to help engage the core muscles which provides runners with improved efficiency and speed.
During the testing phase of this shoe on a 20K trail run, it felt like it had a nice blend of cushion and support. Overall the running performance was more than adequate, both on the road and on the trail. The only core issue found was that it may be a little too soft for more aerobic running.
3. Saucony Men's Kinvara 10 Running Shoe
- Lightweight with a cushiony ride
- Flexible and stable
- Good traction for all weathers
- Soft and breathable mesh
- Good durability
- Competitive price
- Comfortable fit
- Not a good shoe for high arches.
- A little narrow for some
- Feels a bit lacking for in support
The Saucony Men’s Kinvara 10 Running Shoe is made with a blown textile upper for incredible flexibility and breathability and a lightweight design. It also comes with Saucony’s patented EVERUN topsole, which offers maximum cushioning and responsiveness.
The midsole on this shoe features Saucony’s Guidance Trusstic System, which increases the stability while still providing a smooth natural ride. The outsole is made with the Energetic Progressive Layout (EL) which includes strategically placed studs for grip and performance in all weathers.
4. Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 24 Running Shoe
- They're lightweight thanks to the mesh upper
- They're comfortable and breathable due to the Dynamic DuoMax technology
- The wave technology provides comfort and stability
- These shoes have a trainer-inspired style that works well in a wide variety of situations
- Outsole pods deliver great traction on a variety of surfaces
- Amazing shock absorbency which is aided by the Poron XRD heel cushioning
- They feel a little narrow
- People of wide feet may have issues
Our runners up for the best running shoes come from the Japanese sneaker giant Meizuno. The Mizuno Wave Rider is a versatile neutral road running shoe that feels soft, looks great, and performs well enough for both racing and training runs.
The Mizuno Wave Rider is made for long distance running and provides lots of support. The Wave Rider has a soft yet durable upper that is equipped with breathable mesh. The Dynamic DuoMax provides perfect arch and heel support. The Wave Rider also has a soft fabric lining.
The Wave Rider is equipped with an Ortholite insole that provides long-lasting comfort and great foot retention. It also has an added Poron XRD heel cushioning. The Wave Rider weighs around 9.1 oz so it's still lightweight.
5. Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 22 Running Shoe
- The high-quality heel cushioning and breathable mesh material match this shoe’s high-end price tag
- Great traction for road training
- Durable midsole
- Moisture-wicking upper
- Won’t hurt your budget
- Trouble with the insole causing hotspots
- Shallow toe box
- Long break-in period
The Wave Rider’s high-quality comfort features don’t detract from the running shoe’s performance and durability. The shoe is durably built yet lightweight, with a well-cushioned sole. It weighs in at 8.8 ounces, making it a good lightweight option for training.
What else impressed us? The Wave Rider’s comfortable upper, which is built with breathable mesh and excellent heel cushioning. These were a great help for a long run.
What’s somewhat disappointing? The shoe’s shallow toe box. Although the heel fit is excellent.
6. On Men's Cloudflyer Sneaker
- Snug, comfortable and stylish design
- Breathable mesh on the sides
- The non-marking outsoles on the Cloudflyer keep you from getting bad smells on your shoes
- The insoles are removable so you can replace them with your custom orthotics or your custom insoles
- The Cloudflyer comes in three color options: black, blue, and red
- The Cloudflyer provides a fantastic balance between flexibility and support so you have a shoe that’s comfortable for the long-haul
- The Cloudflyer has a suede and mesh lining on the uppers and a nice, wide toe box that gives your feet ample room so you don’t feel cramped
- The laces are not as tight or as efficient as a standard lace-up shoe
- They fit a bit short
One of the most popular travel shoes of all time, the On Men’s Cloudflyer gives you incredible support for a walking shoe. It’s an ideal running shoe for airplanes as you can easily wear it barefoot (or you can wear it with socks) and the long, laces on the top help keep your feet together when you’re walking around airports.
7. Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 22 Running Shoe
When it comes to running shoes the Mizuno brand is among the most trusted and preferred in the world. The Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 22 Running shows why this is true – it has the best of almost every feature that runners need.
It has the right size, perfect feel, and great support. It is right out of the box – ready to go at the gym or on the road with no need for breaking-in. The 22 in the name in this shoe represents the 22 problems that Mizuno were trying to correct with this model. Mizuno satisfied all of these with the Wave Rider 22, which gives an absolutely natural and comfortable run.
It has a light upper which runs well with the sole and foot. The drainage system stops water from getting into the tongue of the shoe which gives greater comfort for running. The Wave Rider 22 comes with interchangeable heel pieces and is available in different colors and sizes.
8. Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 24 Running Shoe
- Comes in three different widths and 5 different sizes
- Very lightweight
- Breathable design
- Great cushioning for road running
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent stability whether you’re driving or running
- Water repellent outsole — great for light weather, not heavy storms
- Worth the price
- Narrow for people who are not used to running on a wider-sized shoe
- Short laces compared to other shoes
Women’s Wave Rider 24 is a popular and well-liked shoe in the running shoe industry. It comes with a lightweight upper molded around your foot for a customized fit. The midsole provides maximum stability for your feet. This makes it a great shoe for long distance running.
The Wave Rider 24 also has the benefit of a water repellent outsole. This makes it a great shoe for people who like to run even during light weather conditions.
9. ASICS Noosa FF 2 Women's Running Shoe
The ASICS Noosa FF 2 Women's Running Shoes are one of our top travel running shoes. These shoes are designed for daily training and weekly racing. It comes with a higher drop sole and a lightweight cushioned midsole. Plus, a new featured sole for durability and traction.
The upper of the shoe comes with targeted overlays and a flexible mesh to provide a comfortable, secure fit that allows optimal movement. So, you can focus on your running form.
The outsole of the shoe comes with a unique pivot-point design. The pivot point is designed to provide a smooth transition through the gait cycle.
10. Saucony Women's Kinvara 10 Running Shoe
- Great fit
- Provides better traction
- Has a lifestyle look to them
- Durable and lightweight
- Has a wide range of motion
- Great for long distance running
- Has a custom fitting by Saucony
- Good value for the money
- Great customer service
- Some people may experience rubbing in the toe area
- If you’ve had plantar fasciitis, you may not like the way the sole of this shoe feels
- They can be a bit inconsistent when it comes to length – you may have to send them back for the next size
- A few reviewers noted that the arch support is already a bit worn out by negative reviewers
The Saucony Women’s Kinvara 10 Running Shoe is a lightweight, durable breathable shoe with a Pebax plate and external heel counter for lateral support and stability.
This running shoe comes with the Kinetic Fit technology which allows for a customized fit.
This shoe aims for a supportive ride with a mesh upper and EVERUN topsole. It has mesh tongue for breathability and overlays for added durability. It comes with a bio-mechanical metatarsal and a flexible forefoot.
11. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Cavu Running Shoe
- Low to moderate durability
- Provides excellent stability and comfort
- Good grip
- Not certified for road running
- The shoe is a bit difficult to adjust for tight fit
- The sole is fairly heavy
If you want to get a pair of running shoes that will not only help you relieve stress and have fun, but also help you achieve better results and less injuries, you need to try on a pair of Hoka One One Women’s Cavu Running Shoes. This product is a slightly pricey one, but if you let yourself get it, you’re going to get all the more value out of your money.
With just a few wears, you’re going to understand why this is such a universally sought-after product. There are some things that may be a bit of a downside when it comes to this product, but there’s no way that there will be as many things that could go wrong. Overall, the good stories you’re going to hear about these shoes will far outnumber the bad ones.
12. ALTRA Women's Duo Road Running Shoe
- Comfortable and supportive
- Designed specially for women
- A variety of colors and sizes
- Great for traveling
The ALTRA Women’s Duo Road Running Shoe is the perfect traveling companion on your adventures. These lightweight shoes are designed specifically for women.
Adding to the versatility of this shoe, it provides an exceptional level of comfort while the 5 mm drop delivers a smooth transition and the 0.6 mm EVA and foam midsole provide excellent cushioning.
The sole of the shoe is flexible, lightweight, and made of foam. It is extremely comfortable and flexible due to the foam base, while the rubber outsole gives you enough traction to walk or run safely with no slips or falls.
13. ASICS Noosa FF 2 Men's Running Shoe
- Very comfortable
- Flexible underfoot feel
- Great cushioning
- Great traction. The rubber outsole provides good grip for an entry level shoe
- Reinforced toe kick
- Good fit
- Wire like material on the upper material creates a lot of wear with regular use
- Lining is average
For those who are looking for a shoe for everyday use, the ASICS Noosa FF 2 offers a good range of motion and support while still offering a lot of comfort. It isn’t the flashiest running shoe out on the market, but its no frills approach is very good for those who need a solid running shoe that is durable and stylish.
The upper material of the Noosa FF 2 is made out of a synthetic mesh. While some runners may have a hard time getting past the fact that it isn’t real leather, the material itself is high quality and appears to be very durable.
The graphics that ASICS included on this shoe are nothing to write home about, but they do a good job of sprucing up the look of the sneaker.
14. ALTRA AFM1838F Men's Duo Road Running Shoe
- Wide variety of color options
- Ideal for distance running
- Excellent traction and shock absorption
- Minimalistic design
- Waterproof, odor resistant, and highly breathable
- Proven design and stability
- Great for people with pronation or high arches
- The front toe area is a bit narrow for most people
- The upper part is not very breathable
- May be better for off-road running in cooler months
The Altra AFM1838F is an excellent running shoe that is suitable for running long distances. It uses air flow technology to keep your feet cool, dry, and odor-free. Plus, its lightweight design gives you exceptional comfort and durability.
This trainer features a mesh upper design with water resistant properties, which keeps your feet dry if it’s raining. The tongue also comes with a reflective piping design for added safety when you’re running on the roads.
This model is designed to be lightweight – weighing only 10 ounces – and its minimalist design will give you a comfortable running experience, especially if you have high arches.
15. New Balance Men's Zante V4 Running Shoe
- Available in wide and narrow widths
- The 4 mm drop prevents joints from being stressed
- Feels comfortable
- Great durability
- Great price
- Keeps your feet cool
- Roomy toe box
New Balance is a running shoe company that started their journey in Boston, Massachusetts, and are now based in Boston, Massachusetts. Their revolutionary REVlite+ foam technology helps reduce the weight of their shoes without sacrificing support and durability.
This shoe is a versatile model designed for daily training as well as everyday wear. It’s perfect for running, walking, or even just out casually for a stroll around the park. It’s lightweight and offers an ideal combination of cushion and support.
Every product from New Balance is designed with the customer in mind. Many models come in wide sizes. So there’s always a great option for those who require extra roominess in their footwear.
16. New Balance Men's Fresh Foam Zante V4 Running Shoe
- Comfortable to wear
- Has zero heel-to-toe drop
- Highly raved by customers
- Easy to clean
- Good grip and traction
- Durable outsole
- Backed by a good warranty
- Feels narrow
- Heel cushioning is sub-par in comparison to other makes
- No advanced support features
- The logo wears out easily
These are our favorite travel running shoes from New Balance. The Zante V4 is made for those who don’t want to spend a fortune on high-end running shoes. This shoe runs a little narrow, but is still suitable for the average runner.
It’s made of breathable materials that are both lightweight and durable. The Zante V4 has zero heel-to-toe drop, so you don’t have to worry about knee problems.
The shoe features a lightly cushioned midsole, which is designed for neutral pronators who make moderate landings on every run and prefer a zero-drop shoe. The details are very well-thought out, like the hook-and-loop closure system, which is good for reducing chafing.
17. HOKA ONE ONE Men's Cavu Sulphur Spring/Anthracite Running Shoe
- Really good looking hiking shoes
- Grippy, effective rubber soles
- Well ventilated upper
- Very comfortable shoe
- Maximum traction in the wet and in the mud
- Barely weighs a pound
- Performs well in wet and muddy conditions
- Incredibly comfortable
The HOKA ONE ONE Men's Cavu Boot is a zero-drop hiker. It's designed to be lightweight and flexible, and to be used primarily on trails. Zero-drop refers to the height of the shoe, which is designed to provide a natural gait when you're running or walking, and to reduce the strain of running and treading.
Additionally, this shoe is designed for small to medium sized feet. It has a narrow heel that is built to fit closer to the shape of your foot, so it can be very snug if you have a wider foot.
The shoe is made from ripstop leather, mesh fabric, and polyester. It is primarily made from one material, which means it is lightweight and breathable. The outsole is made from rubber, which helps you to grip to surfaces in wet conditions. The grooves of the outsole help you to get a good grip in areas where the footing is slippery.
18. Skechers Women's GOmeb Razor Trainer
- Very comfortable
- Easy to pack
- Great ventilation
- Could be used for indoor and outdoor workouts
- There are better quality options available
- Might run a touch small, order a half size larger
The GoMeb Razor Trainers from Skechers are a women’s-specific running shoe that is great for both indoor and outdoor training. It features a durable mesh fabric upper that creates a large amount of ventilation. There’s also an anatomically correct roomy toe box, with a seamless and flexible rubber outsole that provides traction.
It’s designed to be lightweight so they’re easy to pack, making them the best running shoes for travel. They’re also very comfortable. However, they are a little on the bulkier side when compared to other running shoes, which might not make them the best choice for travel.
Some users report that the size runs a touch small, so users should go a half a size up from your normal everyday shoe size.
19. On Inc Womens Cloud
The On Cloud is unlike typical running shoes which is why many runners like them. The Cloud does not have a normal shaped sole, which puts much more emphasis on your forefoot and arch. Cloud running shoes also have a low heel-to-toe drop. A low heel-to-toe drop puts your foot closer to the ground. It also gives you greater stability and agility.
The cushioned feel and flexibility of On Cloud running shoes are supposed to be similar to that of racing flats. Even if these shoes are designed as multi-purpose shoes, they usually stand out for running due to their excellent pronation control and lightweight design. According to reviews, running in them is a very easy, yet enjoyable experience.
The main complaint regarding these On Cloud Running Shoes is that the sizing seems to be off. It’s best to buy a half size larger than your typical size.
20. Skechers Mens Go MEB Razor 2 Black/White 11 D
- Made from good quality materials
- The shock resistant feature is really helpful
- Extremely lightweight
- Extremely comfortable; maintains stability even when on different surfaces
- Good arch support
- Dri-lex technology makes it extremely comfortable
- Comes with a Nike tag for assurance
- Not worn as long as other running shoes out there
- The shoe laces are quite average, and we recommend replacing it
- Arrives a little oversize
But unlike other running shoes that are made with breathable mesh, these shoes have a breathable mesh upper making them extremely comfortable to walk and jog in. It maintains stability and excellent grip, even when on different surface types.
Its shock resistant feature is what we really like. Even when running on trails or gravel, our feet feel so comfortable, like we are wearing insoles.
It’s available in many sizes such as Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large, and XXX-Large. The comfort level really depends on your feet. But overall, it’s a great shoe to wear for your running workout.
Finding the best running shoes for travel requires you look at several different factors: what you want to use them for, where you’re going and how much you’re willing to spend. We’ll show you how to choose the right pair for you.
|Brooks Women's Launch 7||Best Overall|
|Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 22 Running Shoe||Budget Pick|
|HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Cavu Running Shoe||Upgrade Pick|